Saturday, March 25, 2006

Draw In



I went to a Draw In at the Smithsonian's Naturalist Center today. I've never been to one of their Draw Ins, so my husband and I stopped in on our way to visit my mother-in-law. I only had about a half hour to look around and do a few quick sketches. Next time they have one I'll definitely make sure I have more time to spend there. They have a lot of specimens available. I didn't ask, but they probably don't allow wet media.

I did a couple of quick sketches of a snarling polar bear with a seal pinned under his forepaw. This will be good for Illustration Friday's monster theme too. These were done in a Fabriano Classic Artist's Journal with black Pitt artists pens.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very Cool Indeed!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny, but I often think the drawings people didn't have too much time to do, turn out better than if you had an hour to spend on them!
I really like these bear drawings, I think you did a super job and they really do look a bit like monsters with their fangs. If I were to meet one face to face, he would be a monster for sure!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger The Unknown said...

Scary. It looks hungry.
love

1:29 AM  
Blogger Heartful said...

Scary!! I discovered the Fabriano Classic Artist's Journal lately, I really like the gorgeous textures to the pages and the thickness of the journal.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Christine Lim said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. you have some good sketches too. I like your submission for tea and Christmas presents.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home