Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I'm finally a blogger!


My main reason for entering the world of blogging is to make myself draw and paint. I went through a period of time not long ago when I was not feeling myself (I was so crabby I was starting to annoy myself) and finally came to the conclusion that my main problem was that I was not creating art. I have a creative job but that is not enough; I need soul-restoring activity that involves paper, charcoal, graphite, ink, paint, brushes, pens, pencils, canvas — anything but the computer. My goal to start is to post something new at least once a week, and hopefully more often, working up to a daily post.

To start off, here is a drawing (graphite on paper) I did for a story in my daughter's book, Aidmheil.

4 Comments:

Blogger TOS said...

Congratulations! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging... prepare to get addicted - you are going to love it! I'm adding you to my blogroll - though please don't be offended you will be underneath JessicaStover.com - she's got seniority in the list :-P but in life we still know who's the #1 Stover!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that the book Aidmheil is the best book written in 2005 and that it also contains illegal ninja moves from the government. Are those illustrated?

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site! Is your purple pencil as magical as Harold's purple crayon?
-Capt. Steven Hiller
USMC

3:16 PM  
Blogger Deb S. said...

Captain Hiller! Thanks for stopping by. Harold and His Purple Crayon was my favorite book when I was a child.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home